22 May 2008 Tree hugging


Spring has been very slow to arrive this year and we've been busy with who-knows-what. I'm behind (again!) on the blog and I'm low on inspiration for musings and photogging. I've been indulging myself to do whatever I want (within reason) for a couple of months now as I adjust to life without a furry beast. I've been looking through photo albums and finding some favorite photos of our little family in the last 20 years. Today I'm posting one of Paul, looking blissful with a big tree in NE Arizona. Im hoping to feel that way now that the weather is turning warm and I'll be out in the sun more playing or gardening.

The big guy turns 50 on Monday and I haven't been completely devoid of creativity. Most of my creative juice has been pouring into an Alex scrapbook and a surprise for Paul's birthday (but I can't tell what just in case he ever reads my blog).

We're headed out for the first camping trip of the season with an overnight float on the Susitna River. I'll take the camera and actually remove it from the bag this weekend. The leaves finally emerged this week and Alaska is blanketed with bright green. Maybe I'll even get a little inspired while gardening this afternoon and snap a photo or two of new life.

No comments: