6 mar 09 snowy perch


After mentioning our outhouse in my last post, I was inundated with requests with requests for photos of it. In my dreams. We did remodel it last year, however, and it's probably better looking than you expected. I painted new walls in colors that I took from a card from Wolf Creek Printery and we replaced the plywood roof with translucent corrugated green plastic. I'm sharing a photo of it that I took this past weekend. The Wendell Berry poem is on the left (if you're looking in), a poster with a Gandhi quote on the back wall ("Be the change you want to see in the world"), and Wolf Creek art on the right. There is no door so when you're sitting, you've got a good view of a lovely birch forest. I've watched moose pass through the woods from this perch.

Talkeetna has an excellent snow base for skiing. The path to the cabin and to the outhouse is like a maze. We had planned to preview this year's Oosik route on Saturday, but a bad head cold has sapped me. We'll still go up tomorrow and ski something shorter. Then tomorrow night we'll be potlucking Asian style with our traveling companions.










2 comments:

bikegirl said...

thanks for sharing your place in the woods. You don't have problems with the paper artwork w/all the changes in humidity?
Paul looks like he's doing the "lucky kitty" pose. Nice.

corinne said...

The beckoning of the lucky cat is a new favorite gesture. I'm also a big fan of the legend and e-cards you can send: http://www.actioncat.com/luckycat.html.