oct 10 best of white rim

It's only been two weeks since the bike ride on the White Rim Trail and already work, duties, winter, and the next trip are crowding in on the savoring of my time pedaling through the high desert and canyonlands. Before I forget everything, I thought I'd record some of my favorite bits.

Sleeping until a late sunrise every morning. Some mornings I didn't rise until I heard Brin call out "Hot Coffee"

The incredible scenery ... pictures will describe better than I can

The biking ... sometimes easy, sometimes technical, sometimes challenging, sometimes impossible. Staying true to the mountain biking motto,"If you aren't walking, you aren't mountain biking."


Somebody else cooked and washed the dishes!

The sense of accomplishment. A storm in September resulted in a landslide that wiped out the switchbacks out of the canyon at the very end of trail. Instead of changing or canceling our trip, we opted to be the first to try a hike-and-bike out of the canyon. Of course, that was fairly easy because the guides carried the bikes on the steepest climbs!


Sharing this wonderful experience with good friends.



You can see more photos and read more stories at
http://picasaweb.google.com/alaskadirtdivas
http://www.alaskadirtdivas.blogspot.com
http://akbikegirl.blogspot.com/search/label/White%20Rim

1 comment:

outdoor59 said...

Looks like a wonderful trip, Corinne! Beautiful scenery! Hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving! I'm thankful to have you in our family!