7 mar 10 snow and sun return



It's a happy weekend in Anchor-town. Over 4" of snow Thursday evening through Saturday and blue-bird skies on Sunday.

Despite the fresh snow, we both decided to go biking on Saturday -- Paul because he's still being careful with his ankle and me because that's what my friends wanted to do. Paul and I biked similar routes, just not together. Rose, Jo-Ann, Wendy, and I circled Far North Bicentennial Park (FNBP) mostly on singletrack trails packed by the fat bikes. The skies almost cleared when we started out but the snow was falling heavily when we finished late in the afternoon. I've posted a few more photos of my ride, including my most spectacular crash of that day, on the Alaska Dirt Divas site.


Paul would have gone for another bike ride today but I hated to pass up the opportunity to ski on this new snow. We just haven't had that much snow this year or been skiing much. His ankle felt good so we skied the little-used skijor trails on the east side of FNBP. The fat bikes have been out there as much as the skiers and dogs. We saw a few people and as many dogs but mostly had the trails to ourselves. The sun was blasting and is definitely emitting heat again.

I'm so glad for the new snow and the snow. This is one of the best times of year to be here.

No comments: